Phase II of our project is underway. We have received a couple great donations: one from Adrift Adventures who donated a permitted trip for this project and one from O.A.R.S. Rafting who donated money for us to organize videography and distribution of this new film.
We hope to have this second film finalized and ready for distribution come early 2012. Email Kent if you wish to participate in some way. TO DONATE FUNDS:
To make a donation simply write a check out to: “The Friends of the Yampa”. On Memo line write “YRAP or Yampa River Awareness Project”. We have partnered with the Friends of the Yampa located in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. It is very important to place “YRAP” on memo line so donation goes to this specific project. Then mail the check to: Friends of the Yampa, PO Box 776037, Steamboat Springs, Colorado. 80477.
There are many ways you can help:
- Get Involved! Either it’s with YARP or any other river related organization for the Yampa or not. If you are not working toward protecting water quality and quantity issues, you need to be
- Donating money to the YARP project to complete an extended and more detailed version of the video that we have already produced. See information below in how to donate
- Help us find sponsors or writing grants that will fund this strictly volunteer and grass roots project
- Contact us if you or someone else would be interested in helping film, provide images, build website’s, mail out disks, write press releases, interview and capture the elements needed in expanding this project
- Spread the word by inspiring all your friends, family and acquaintances about the Yampa River, it’s special attributes and the threats that are currently and will certainly continue to be pressed on this incredible resource
- Participate in local, regional and national water policy decisions that will be affecting Yampa River, Colorado Basin and growth concerns in the arid, Rocky Mountain West
- Write a letter to Northern Colorado Water Conservancy Districts project manager Carl Brouwer regarding your thoughts about the Yampa River and specifically your concerns about the Yampa River Diversion Project. (Northern Water, Attn: Carl Brouwer, 220 Water Avenue, Berthoud, Colorado 80513)
Please contribute to the Yampa River Awareness Project in any way you can.
This project is a grass roots effort to spread the word about the Yampa River Diversion Project and to educate our citizens about the important attributes of the Yampa River that are worth protecting for our generations to come.
Email us if you have questions: email@example.com